Good morning, Westboro.
I’m hoping you can answer some questions I have about the Bible as I know you will give me direct truthful answers and not cherry pick like the other Christians I know.
Is Genesis true? Is the Earth only 6,000-10,000 years old?
Did we all descend from Adam & Eve?
Did Jesus abolish the old laws of the Old Testament or did he come to warn people to follow it?
Is evolution false?
My pastor is unable to answer my questions.
Dear B –
1. Not everyone who calls himself a Christian is a Christian. A Christian follows the teachings of Christ, who said “if you love me, keep my Commandments.” Please read John 14, 15, 16 and 17.
2. Genesis is true. A careful reading of Genesis will reveal that we do not know how old the earth is. What we know is approximately how long the Adamic race has been on the earth.
3. Yes. Adam and Eve are the parents of us all. See Genesis 1 & 2.
4. The Bible says that Christ did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill the law. That said, the ceremonial law is no longer, see Acts 10 and 11. However, the moral law was restated and codified in the New Testament, with this addition: love one another as Christ loved us.
“Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” Matthew 22:35-40
“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” John 13:34
5. Yes, evolution is a loud, large, destructive and huge lie. See Genesis 1.
When you call the lying false prophet your pastor, you countenance/enable his sin.
Thanks for asking.
Your friends at WBC.