Westboro Baptist Church,
1. In your opinion, what aspects of your church are most appealing for potential members?
2. What are some reasons current members joined your church?
3. How many new members join Westboro each year?
4. What are some prevalent reasons that members may choose to leave Westboro?
5. What are some common reasons a member may be asked to leave the church?
6. Once one is a member, how difficult is it to stay when you suffer from such public vituperation?
7. How do members deal with public vituperation? What attitude do you take towards this subject?
— Rachel, student at KU
Thanks for asking, Rachel!
- Westboro Baptist Church is where God has put his Word in this earth. We search the scriptures daily to know if these things are so. Where else do you find that in this earth today? We have a ministry testifying to these things, whereby, God, working in and for us has caused our doctrine to be noised over the whole earth. This tiny little group of people could not have done that by our own hands. We have ZERO strength in this earth.
- The only reason I know of that anyone would join this church is that they are moved by God to serve God in truth, and lead to be here.
- Not many. 🙂 We are in the last days of all, we don’t expect anyone to believe our report! It is as the prophets described – just exactly – like the grape vines after the harvest. There are not enough grapes left to even make a cluster. We look for the coming of our Lord. We look for that last little sheep to receive his call. However that will all look, God knows, but God’s word for it, our God has set a day in-the-which, this thing called earth is coming to a sure and complete fiery and horrible end. Micah 7:1 Woe is me! for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, as the grape gleanings of the vintage: there is no cluster to eat: my soul desired the first ripe fruit.
- Only one reason! They do not believe God! 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
- Not hard at all!! Our God has made our foreheads as hard as flint. God works in us to accomplish his will and his purpose. God gives each human your “want tos”! If God causes you to eschew sin and to fear God and what God thinks and not what man thinks, there is nothing to hard about what vicious things people will say and do. God causes us to not care. 1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
- See answer to #6 above, and see also the beautiful words from 2 Corinthians chapter 4 below. I don’t know how it could be said better than that.
2 Corinthians 4:1-18 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Thank you for writing.
Your friends at WBC